Monday, April 6, 2009

6/30. anastasia.

I miss my mom.
No because I have
to stay after school.
She is stuck in bed.
She has no voice.
How? I don’t know how
to make tea?
My dad? I don’t have
a dad anymore.
He wanted to be a girl.
I don’t know.
Her name is Sarah now.
She seems happy.
Now I guess I have two moms
and kind of a dad.
He’s my mom’s boyfriend.
My mom’s boyfriend and I have
the same birthday and we both
live with her so she has to make two cakes!

Let’s play a game.
Here’s the rules. You can’t step
on shadows. It’s like tag, but if you
step on a shadow – you’re it.
But also if I tag you, you’re it.
And if you hold a cold metal pole
you’re safe. Yeah, I guess we can
watch four square for a little while.
It’s just I mainly play by myself.

Now let’s play the opposite.
Shadows are safe, but it’s tag still
so you try to catch me and if you’re
running in the daylight you melt,
then someone else who’s running
has to step from their shadow.
And tag you to unmelt you.

I didn’t really want to play either,
it’s just how I feel most times.
Will you hold my hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment